|ECG Volunteers are some of the happiest people :)|
|Bundling radishes for ECG members|
|We have hundreds of radishes!|
|A basket of bundled radishes ready to be picked up by ECG members|
|Joyce was the first member to pick up her radishes & packet of radish recipes... Enjoy!|
Members who come for their radishes will also receive a packet of recipes that utilize radishes! Here is one of those recipes (adapted from Gourmet):
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 bunches radishes with greens attached
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter OR olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (optional)
1. Cut greens from radishes and coarsely chop. Trim radishes and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch wedges.
2. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium-high heat until foam subsides, then sauté radish wedges with salt, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a platter and keep warm, loosely covered.
3. Sauté garlic in remaining tablespoon butter in skillet over moderately high heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add greens and sauté, stirring, until wilted, about 1 minute.
4. Return radish wedges to skillet. If desired, stir in chives.
Helped are those who create anything at all, for they shall relive the thrill of their own conception and realize a partnership in the creation of the Universe that keeps them responsible and cheerful. ~Alice Walker